Why should you obtain a second passport from Cyprus? Investing in your free movement in Europe, increased and better options for your children’s education, be able to offer to your family stability, security and a quiet and peaceful lifestyle, to acquire the multiple benefits of tax efficiency. These and more others can bring you enough reasons to become interested in the conditions you have to fulfill in order to be the next citizen of one of most beautiful island in the Mediterranean Sea.
With more than 330 days under the sun Cyprus offers perfect weather conditions and now there are new and easier constraints in order to obtain a citizenship.
What are the main benefits of the Cypriot Citizenship?
• Travel - With your Cyprus European Passport you have the freedom to travel throughout the European Union without the issuing of any visa. Furthermore, you can travel to over 157 countries including the EU, Canada and Australia without being necessary to obtain any travelling documents. The Cyprus citizenship program offers the opportunity to obtain a European passport and get access to this freedom of movement, money and assets. Regarding other countries like USA, for which there is still a visa requirement, Cypriot passport holders can quickly and cost-effectively obtain the necessary documents.
• Cypriot Citizenship by Investment can be obtained within 3-6 months!
• Cyprus’ low tax regime along with the well-developed infrastructure, very well developed professional services sector and the widespread speaking of the English language are establishing Cyprus as the place for someone to do business and raise a family. It is important to mention some tax and other benefits:
- • Low Personal Income Tax tiered from 0% to 35%
- • Low Corporate Tax @ 12.5%
- • Special tax rate for pensioners
- • Capital Gains – 0% or 20% depending on source
- • No Inheritance Tax
- • No Wealth Tax
- • No Estate Duty Tax
- • Double Tax Treaties with more than 50 Countries
- • Low barrier of entry for business start-ups
• Free movement of services, capital and goods – individual citizens and their companies can offer services, purchase properties, transfer funds in any preferred EU Member States and invest in any type of activities. All goods produced in E.U. can be freely transferred between member states.
• High quality of life style – Cyprus offers politically stability and a high standard of living with access of reputable private schools following British Education System, private medical facilities, and is among the countries with the lowest crime rates in Europe
• The citizenship is granted to the whole family – husband, wife and all financially dependent children up to the age of 28
• The investment is as low as €2 million for one to be eligible to apply for Citizenship
What are the terms, conditions for Cypriot Citizenship?
• No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus! For the interested persons there is no requirement to live in Cyprus before or after filling the application form. Also the applicants could obtain a Cypriot citizenship while still keeping their native citizenship.
• Clean criminal record
• The Investor can include their dependent spouse and children on the application. Children includes those up to the age of 18 and children from the ages of 18-28 if they are financially dependent on the main applicant.
• The applicant must hold a permanent privately-owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500.000, plus V.A.T. ( where applicable )
Cypriot Citizenship Processing Fees
Applicant Application Submission Fees Certificate Issuance Fee
Investor €2,000 €5,000
Spouse €2,000 €5,000
Adult Child €2,000 €5,000
Minor Child €80
What are the criteria to be met by applicants to the Cypriot Citizenship?
• Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects of at least € 2,5 million for the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector or other infrastructure projects) or
• Various Investments in government bonds of at least €2,5 million, deposits, purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot businesses or companies at least € 2,5million
How Nicolaou Estates can help you?
• We are long established Consultants in Cyprus with capabilities of offering a wide choice of completed and off-plan real estate eligible for Permanent Residency and Citizenship
• Nicolaou Estates can advise our clients on the real estate options available, the locations, rental market and resale market to ensure a successfully Citizenship application but also a profitable Investment.
• Nicolaou Estates can undertake complete process of application till final approval: gathering and arranging documentation, advice on compliance issues, set up and coordinate all legal, financial, and banking issues, follow up.
A new window of opportunities has just opened in front of you! Contact us for more detailed information!
Related Articles in News Articles
|04 Dec 2018||Frequent Asked Question in Real Estate in Cyprus|
|19 Jul 2018||Why would you choose to buy a new property in Cyprus?|
|22 May 2018||Best real estate agency services in Cyprus with Nicolaou Estates|
|05 Mar 2018||Property market rental in Cyprus today|
|10 Oct 2017||Why do you need a real estate agent in Cyprus?|
|01 Jul 2016||Top 5 locations for residential property in Limassol|
|17 Jun 2016||Top 10 properties under €500000 euro By Nicolaou Estates|
|06 Jun 2016||Increased demand for apartments near the sea in Limassol|
|05 Jan 2016||Looking for Properties to buy in Limassol and Nicosia|